Beginning November 1, 2015, the Fremont County Solid Waste Disposal District will accept electronic waste for free at its Lander, Riverton, Sand Draw and Dubois facilities.
Electronic waste contains a variety of hazardous metals (metals listed by the Environmental Protection Agency under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act as hazardous), including large volumes of lead that is harmful to both human and environmental health. Proper disposal of these products is essential to maintain safe and healthy drinking water.
- Televisions, computers and monitors, including CRT, LCD, and plasma displays
- Laptop computers
- Audio/Video (stereo equipment, VCR’s, DVD players, etc.)
- Cell Phones
- Circuit Boards (printed circuit board found inside a central processing unit.)
- Computer Printers/Peripherals (inkjet, laserjet, mice, cords, keyboards, external drives, modems, etc.)
- Copier/Fax Machines
- Print Cartridges
- Calculators, adding machines, power backups
- other such units or components that contain materials banned by the Department of Environmental Quality or Environmental Protection Agency.