Lander Landfill, Riverton Bale Station, Sand Draw Landfill, Dubois Landfill:
The fee to dispose of municipal solid waste (MSW or household trash) and construction and demolition (C&D) waste at facilities with scales is $0.04 per pound as read by the scale.
Waste hauled in cars or pickups is charged a minimum of $5.00 for up to 200 pounds and an additional $0.04 per pound for all waste in excess of 200 pounds.
Rate structure when the scales are down:
At the Lander Landfill & Bale Station, Riverton Bale Station, Dubois Landfill & Transfer Station, and Sand Draw Landfill, or any other facility where weight scales are available, the following fees shall be charged.
|Up to two bags of household trash (minimum fee)||$5.00|
|Delivery by car or pickup (beyond two bags of trash)||$10.00|
|Delivery by single or tandem axle trailer||$35.00|
|Delivery by triple axle trailer||$50.00|
|Delivery by Commerical Compaction Truck||$400.00 each|
|Deliveries by Roll-Off or Dump Truck||$10.00 cubic yard|
|Deliveries by Semi Truck||$10.00 cubic yard|
Construction and demolition debris (C&D) disposed of at the Shoshoni Landfill is charged as follows:
|Single or Tandem Axle Trailer||$35.00|
|Triple Axle Trailer||$50.00|
|Deliveries by Dump Truck or Roll-Off Truck||$5.00/cubic yard|
|Deliveries by Semi Truck||$5.00/cubic yard|
|Disposal of waste outside of the regularly scheduled hours||$15.00/cubic yard|
District Transfer Stations (Atlantic City, Hudson, Jeffrey City, Lysite, Missouri Valley, Pavillion, Shoshoni):
The fees to dispose of municipal solid waste (MSW or household trash) and construction and demolition debris (C&D) waste at the District’s staffed transfer stations are below. Recycling is FREE and available during open event if the site is operated by the District; and/or if the site is operated by a Volunteer Program, and they elect to have recycling available.
|No commercial loads are allowed|
|No loads larger than 4 cubic yards are allowed|
|District Operated Sites:||$10 minimum fee & $10 per cubic yard disposal fee|
|Volunteer Operated Sites:||$5 minimum fee & $5 per cubic yard disposal fee|
Specialty Waste Fees:
Specialty wastes are not accepted at transfer stations. Please see links to specific specialty wastes (under the “waste and recycling tab”) to see where they can be disposed.
- Bio/Medical Waste: All Bio/Medical Waste must be bagged in Bio/Medical Waste bags bought from the District for $5.00. There is no additional fee.
- Confidential Records: The fee for confidential records is $0.25 per pound.
- Sump Mud: The fee for Sump Mud generated outside the District and transported into the District for disposal at a district landfill is an additional $0.08 per pound.
- Electronic Waste (E-waste): E-waste can not be included with MSW but placed in specially designated containers.
- Non-Friable Asbestos: The District will only accept Non-Friable Asbestos. The fee for residential owners is $80 per ton. The commercial/contractor rate is $128 per ton, and the Shoshoni Landfill (no distinction in generator) $42 per cubic year.
Transportation of Solid Waste to Solid Waste Disposal Sites (Cover Your Load):
Solid waste conveyed to any solid waste disposal site within the District must be tied, covered, or secured in such a manner that the waste cannot be strewn upon the streets, roads and highways within Fremont County. All loose solid waste must be secured with a lid, a tarp, or other adequate and secure cover. CLICK HERE for details and fines.
FREE (Recycling and Other):
Printable lists of what can be recycled:
Recycling Dubois, Riverton, Lander